Strong, durable, and safe are qualities that should always come to mind when you're looking for the ideal industrial floatation solutions. Thankfully, you can count on high-quality floating pontoons and walkways to serve as stable, long-lasting work or access platforms.
The best such systems boast sturdy engineering and construction with material that withstands unfavourable conditions prevalent in a wide array of applications, including industrial marine, petroleum, and mining.
- Floating pump pontoons: Miners can use these platforms in dewatering and other tailings management practices critical to sustainable exploitation and environmental conservation.
- Remote job site access: Floating work platforms facilitate the smooth execution of various on-water operations or constructions. For example, you may use these to transport a crew, parts, or tools to a remote job site or machine.
- Equipment repair and maintenance: Floating pontoons can provide efficient temporary access to otherwise unreachable or unsafe elevated or confined spaces, enabling personnel to inspect, repair, or maintain systems, structures, or machines. These solutions can help maintenance teams to access tunnels or the underside of a bridge, for instance.
How to Choose the Ideal Floating Work Platform
Be sure to order a custom floatation solution that satisfies the workplace accessibility needs of your operations and industry.
Here are some critical factors to consider:
- Durability: Choose a floating walkway built to last long. Typically, high-density polyethylene is ideal for fabricating sturdy and durable floatation modules. Similarly, ultraviolet stabilisation creates a stress-crack-resistant work platform.
- Corrosion resistance: High-quality poly work platforms stand the harshest of environmental or weather conditions, including moisture. The main advantage of high-density polyethylene is that it doesn't readily react with a range of industrial substances and chemicals, including UV rays, petroleum, and acids.
- Tamper-proof bolts: These features help prevent loss by vandalism.
- Modular and lightweight construction: Modular construction makes it easier to assemble or take apart the entire floatation system. It enables you to move the various light parts for quick deployment.
- Load: Certainly, you want to consider the weight you'll be moving over your floating work platform. For example, assess the relevant technical specifications (including tensile strength) when ordering for heavy-duty applications.
- Local standards: What does your government or local authority require of the design and features of industrial floatation structures? For example, anti-slip decking is a mandatory workplace safety requirement across Australia.
Do you need to use high-quality floating pontoons and walkways? At Coerco, we build superior-performance, durable, safe, and stable floating workstations for diverse harsh-environment applications, including the mining industry. Contact us now to order a custom floatation solution!